Skip to main content

Adobe Photoshop - Business Card


Business Card



This Photoshop selection is a business card I created for my cousin. As a DIY type of lady, I wanted to help her get her name out there. So I decided to take a stab at learning how to make a business card in Photoshop.  I sought out a written tutorial on line on how to select the correct width and height. The tutorial also instructed me on how to work within guides while developing the card. Once again my creativity or lack thereof was warranted, as my cousin didn’t have a vision for her business card. Producing this card challenged my creativity. Enhancing simplicity was my approach in creating this card. I learned how to enhance simplicity by using various effects and color tools. My aim was to produce a card that would personify her talents and capture the eye. This project shows I can develop my skills by utilizing tutorials and experimenting with different tools to create a custom business card. 

 PORTFOLIUM URL:  https://portfolium.com/ashanti-thomps

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adobe Photoshop - Uniform Infographic

Uniform Info-graphic  This artifact is selected because it shows some of my Photoshop competencies. The image was created as an info-graphic to highlight uniform codes for aides. My department heads sought me out to develop some training material, so I volunteered newfound abilities. I envisioned how to convey our uniform guidelines both visually and succinctly. The required me understanding our Uniform guidelines within our Standard Operating Procedures.  It required me working collaboratively with my department. I sought out aides to take photos of them in their uniforms. From there I had to upload the photos and then import them in Photoshop. Once I juxtaposed the images with the text to produce this info-graphic. Illustrated here is what I came up with. This project shows I can produce visual aids for training material.

Adobe Photoshop - Invite Poster

Poster Invite I selected this piece primarily because it reflects me working under pressure with no creative direction from the one requesting my assistance. This project was a direct request from my manager. Therefore, the challenge lied in producing his request on short notice. I agreed, in the midst of an extremely demanding time of the semester. Other challenges were fulfilling a request with no creative direction from him. The only direction provided was the commander’s favorite color and sport.  In spite of the lack, I answered the call of applying my newfound skills under pressure. I used Google Images “labeled for reuse with modification” tool to select the images for this flyer. From there I employed the skills acquired in class to select the images into the Photoshop document. Then for color scheme I thought of using the college’s color and mascot themes. And behold here was my finally result. Completing this invite showed I have what it takes to make poster under du